Powder coating is a type of coating that is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. It is applied electrostatically and is then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a "skin". It is used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint. Powder coating is mainly used for coating of metals, such as household appliances, aluminum extrusions, drum hardware, and automobile and bicycle parts.
Powder coating is specified because of its durability, scratch resistance, gloss retention, weatherability, resistance to chalking, the unlimited range of colors, finishes, glosses and textures, the fact that it meets AAMA specifications and because it is an environmentally friendly finishing process, making it an important part of a sustainable or green building project that incorporates low-emitting products.
|Powder Coating has been the finish of choice for a superior, more colorful, longer lasting and more durable finish. We offer a variety of different colors and can match specialty colors as well!? |
We have hundreds of colors and textures to choose from including; clears, glossy, metallics, flats, veins, hammer tomes, candies, glitters, and wrinkles.
Depending on application, powders are available in Epoxy, Polyesters, Hybrid, and Urethanes.
Powder coating is most commonly used on a variety number of products and parts:
- Appliances (Some examples; refrigerators, washer tops and lids, water heaters, and dishwasher racks
- Automotive (Some examples; wheels, bumpers, hubcaps, door handles, decorative trim and accent parts). A clean powder topcoat has been developed to protect auto bodies. BMW and Volvo are using it on their new model cars.
- Architecture/ Building (becoming the preferred finishing application for commercial, industrial, residential, government, institutional, and historic buildings around the world).
- Everyday products (Some examples; lightening fixtures, antennas, electrical components, golf clubs, golf carts, just to name a few).
- Non-metal products (such as plastics, wood, and ceramics).
We handle our powder coating in-house. We have large 24' x 8' curing ovens that can handle both small and large powder coating jobs.